I started Learning Home in 2013 after my last student successfully graduated from home school. With Titus 2:3-5 in mind, I wanted to invest what I’ve learned over the past 30 years into the next generation of parent-teachers and their children in the greater Huntington, WV area. So Learning Home was born.
Learning Home’s purpose is to come alongside parent-teachers and assist them in their role of training their children for life.
- Face-to-face interaction.
- Unplugged learning and play.
- Teaching by example.
- Providing affordable services.
- Gradual release of responsibility in the classroom.
- Learning through discovery.
- Cultivating creativity.
NEW Format for Sewing and Language Arts Instruction:
- Easy sign-up: “Choose your module, your dates, and your classmates”
- Offered as 9 hour modules, divided over 3 days.
- Fee for 1:1 is $135
- Fee for “Create Your Own Group” is $95/student.
- (Sewing 101 is a one time, 2 1/2 hour class.)
For more specifics, go to the Stitched Together Sewing Modules and Language Arts Labs pages.
I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂