This is a skill-building lab for language arts. It is focused on strengthening your child’s grasp of the basic rules of English and cultivating their love for using and thinking about words.
In each module we will practice:
- choosing precise words to communicate what we see, hear, touch, and smell.
- putting ideas into words. (narration)
- putting words on paper. ( copy work)
- holding thought in our minds long enough to put them on paper. (dictation)
- playing with words and ideas.
Purposes and Goals:
I have designed the Language Arts Lab, Jr. with the following purposes and goals in mind:
- To train your children in applying and using the basic rules of English.
- To give them the “language keys” needed to unlock their future learning.
- To inspire them to experiment with written and oral communication.
- To nurture the reluctant communicator to come out of their shell.
- To further sharpen and polish the “natural born” communicator’s abilities.
- Language Arts Lab, Jr. is for ages 7-10. (A similar lab is available for older students.)
- Easy sign up: “Choose your module, your dates, and your classmates.”
- Choose from the modules* below.
- Choose when to meet: 4 consecutive Tuesdays, 6-8:15pm or Saturdays 2-4:15pm. (Offered year round.)
- $135 for 1:1 or
- $95/student for “Create Your Own Group”
- For any other questions, contact me here.
- Chronological narrative: Genesis 1
- Children’s Literature: Yellow and Pink
- Poetry: Psalm 19
- Acrostic poetry: Psalm 119:9-16