This is a skill-building lab for language arts. It will help your student move beyond the basics of English and will give them the skills they need to be excellent communicators and thinkers—equipping them with essential skills for their future studies and careers.
In each module we will practice:
- choosing precise words for more effective communication.
- asking questions of the text.
- summarizing key thoughts.
- varying sentence structures.
- applying their knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
Purposes and Goals
I have designed the Language Arts Lab with the following purposes and goals in mind:
- To equip your student with the needed skills to be excellent communicators and thinkers.
- To encourage your student to think critically in written and oral communications.
- To nurture the reluctant communicator to come out of their shell.
- To further sharpen and polish the “natural born” communicator’s flair for words.
- Language Arts Lab, Advanced is for ages 11-14. (A similar lab is available for younger students.)
- Easy sign up: “Choose your module, your dates, and your classmates.”
- Choose from the modules* below.
- Choose when to meet: 4 consecutive Tuesdays, 6-8:15pm or Saturdays 2-4:15pm. (Offered year round.)
- $135 for 1:1 or
- $95/student for “Create Your Own Group”
- For any other questions, contact me here.
- Poetry/The Village Blacksmith
- Persuasive Speech/Acts 17:22-31
- Dedicatory Speech/Gettysburg Address